The Damon System
At Smile Dynamics in East Wahroonga we are dedicated to helping our patients achieve beautiful straight smiles, and now we can do so even more effectively with the Damon System!
The Damon System is a revolutionary new way of providing orthodontic treatment for all our patients. Conventional orthodontic treatment often requires removal of healthy teeth and/or the use of palatal expanders to increase space within the mouth to accommodate partially erupted teeth or the shifting of displaced teeth.
This conventional approach is often uncomfortable, takes longer to achieve end results and can leave a narrower arch and a flat profile. The Damon System achieves full, natural smiles through the application of light biologically sensible forces, specifically designed to improve the overall facial result of each patient.
What are the benefits of the Damon System?
There are many benefits that the Damon System has over traditional braces, and these include:
- Faster treatment time – clinical studies have found that this form of treatment is up to six months faster than that of conventional braces!
- Greater comfort – this system does not use the conventional o-rings that can often slow treatment down and cause more pain than necessary.
- Less office visits – On average those undergoing the Damon System treatment require fewer practice visits than other orthodontic treatments.
The Damon System utilised by the Smile Dynamics team combines three key components, which when used in conjunction with each other delivers faster treatment, fewer appointments, greater comfort and consistent high-quality results:
- Damon passive self-ligating braces that eliminate the need for elastic or metal “ties”.
- Light high-technology shape-memory wires that move teeth faster and require fewer adjustments.
- A new clinically proven treatment approach, which aligns your teeth and enhances your facial aesthetics – usually without extractions or rapid palatal expanders.
The Damon System eliminates the need for those uncomfortable traditional braces or elastic o-rings to hold the wires in place. Instead the wires are free to slide through the bracket slots without friction and allow the teeth to shift more optimally to a more desirable position. This treatment is great for children and adults alike, and generally provides a faster treatment time!
Talk with one of the Smile Dynamics team about how the Damon system can help you achieve a perfectly aligned smile.